Looking for an AXA holder, but can't find the one I need!

I agree . I think there is over thinking going on here . :grin: NPI . Grinding up a boring bar , using a ball mill , grinding a radius on a S&D drill etc are easy remedies that come to mind .

Thanks to everyone throwing ideas at me by the way! I'm just kinda sitting back and letting them come in LOL

Thanks to everyone throwing ideas at me by the way! I'm just kinda sitting back and letting them come in LOL
You'll get alot of them on here . :big grin: So you have to reach out past the part and back turn that diameter and radius it seems . We'll come up with something soon . I have lots of junk in the trunk . :grin:

For one specific purpose tool you could start with the1 1/4 boring bar and mill down the shaft to square that would hold in a regular 1/2 inch AXA tool holder. Make it as short as possible for max rigidity. Dedicated tool if needed often.

Turning the boring bar down to 1 inch may be best to fit the holder you have.

Cutting wood? any piece of steel, file a 5/16 radius into it, grab it in vice grips and hold it agians the turning wood. Or mount the steel in a nominal tool holder. To cut wood you don't need High Speed Steel.

I missed the fact it is wood turning. It would be better to use a carbide tipped wood lathe tool and not a boring bar. Can buy an unhandled tool shank and mount that in your AXA holder.

Back