Looking for control knob names?

Most of mine seem to be called "Dammit", and "Not again".
Machine controls deserve nomenclature.
OK, the first response is classic pontiac428; superburban's, only two but we can all relate to, as in which one does what.
Step from one machine to another, that's sorted out next.

I'll offer (visualize please) 2 political parties, also figuring out which one does what. And for how long? And why it won't stay in position, And why certain pairs wouldn't dare work simultaneously. And why this won't until this one does. This one used to. This one never did that before! Who blackmailed this one with pliers, this one with a hammer, this one with a cheater. That one makes this noise.

My half nut lever is also a feed engagement lever. My top slide handwheel is also a compound ball crank. My feed stop is also a hard stop. My X axis is also a Z axis. A dead center is also a live center depending on which end it's on. Crocus is also Emory, my mill bastard is also a mechanic's file. My 4-jawis also an independent, my 3-jaw is also a scroll chuck, my PTO is also a universal, and jeez, that barely getting started on the lathe bench, wait till we get to the rest of the shop!

Classic is consistent! Check with your doctor to see if pontiac428 humor is right for you. side effects include nausea, vomiting, malaise...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Back