Looking for decent flash light and head-lamp........

5. Samsung 3500 mAh button-top 18650 batteries ($40 for 6 delivered): Too early to tell, but boy they sure seem brighter than the Tenergy 2600 mAh batteries I had on hand, and I think I paid $15 each for those.

@ACHiPo - where did you order the Samsung cells from? I need a couple to repair a rechargeable work light and wanted to make sure I get actual Samsung cells

@ACHiPo - where did you order the Samsung cells from? I need a couple to repair a rechargeable work light and wanted to make sure I get actual Samsung cells
I got them at the 18650 Battery Store

I thought about counterfeits, but I'm not sure how to make sure they're genuine. I got the 18650 Battery Store link from a couple battery reviews I read, so I assumed they are legit.

I read this article (link) a while back for tips on spotting fakes - it's very thorough. Just wanted to try to avoid hassle by finding reputable store. I'll check out that site, thanks!

Update: Heard back from Banggood. They require photos or videos to honor a warranty claim, including packaging. Given the packaging got tossed when the item arrived, I'm not sure what I'd photograph or video. I must admit their poorly written response to my warranty claim did tempt my inner 13 year old to put together an elaborate photo and video story about the tragedy surrounding receiving a dead battery. Instead my cynical and overworked 56 year old self decided to just make sure everyone I know is aware of my experience.

You've been warned--do business with Banggood at your own risk!

Ahhh, that felt a bit cathartic!:p

I am surprised that nobody mentioned the Nebo Slide King. It is usb rechargeable slides open and becomes a droplight with a magnetic base, super bright and I usually get 2 days of use from a full charge. I haven't used a corded droplight in almost 2 years.

Didn't read all the replies, but Black Diamond makes great headlamps for rock climbing. Lightweight, bright, long battery, and rechargable.

Damn, I made it out again without buying, that's hard to do :)

Headlamp
I recently bought an Acebeam H30 to use at work and absolutely love it. I uses a 21700 battery which is larger than a 18650. You can plug the whole light into usb charger to charge the battery or remove it to charge externally. You can even use it as a power bank to charge your phone from the battery. It’s waterproof. It has many brightness levels and functions, but it has two buttons and one is just on and off to the last brightness level you had it on, so no need to remember all the other stuff unless you want to. Pricey, but worth it to me. I will be looking to get an Acebeam flashlight soon.

If you want a good and bright EDC flashlight I recommend the Titan Plus from Surefire.

1584728037544.png
1584728164898.png

I've been carrying one everyday at work for several years and can attest to it's ruggedness, ease of use and build quality. It runs off a standard AAA battery, but I've been using a rechargeable Eneloop for years. I use it sparsely so a single charged AAA lasts usually a few months.

I like this light a lot. I've had a few Surefire products over the years and they are always very well made and high performing.

Back