Looking for help with the lube lines on a B&S, 618 Micromaster surface grinder

Also have you checked the system pressure . Look at page 19 and 21 ...shows a picture of the valve...and 21 talks about relief valve. http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2185/17257.pdf I am assuming you replaced the oil and cleaned the strainer and filter... Looks simple...accept sitting on the floor and looking in the hole...lol

No, haven't checked pressure. The table works at a pretty high rate of speed so I assumed pressure was good.
I changed oil and replaced both filters.

For those who have a surface grinder and don't have a pressure gauge have a friend stand next to the table and turn on the table and try to hold the table from moving toward him/her. Depending on the size of the person. It says in the 2 nd B&S manual...it says 170 pounds...

I think I'll find a pressure source and install a gauge.
The manual you are referring is not for my 618. Ok to use the stats?

The Micromaster does not have a table screw, it uses a cog belt instead of a rack gear, it is fastened to the table with clamps and bolts, they are removed and the table slid or lifted off. I think nearly all of the metering units on manifolds and are located in the hydraulic sump area, and tubes are led to the units being lubed, an exception being the metering unit that lubes the cross feed nut.
Ah, my bad, I thought the screw in the pictures was for the table. Makes sense to not use a screw, it's very slow..

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back