Looking for information on PM-45m

lp08ss

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone I'm looking for any information I can on the PM45M I have the chance to purchase one but I can't seem to find any info on it other than it's cnc version I'm going to imagine it's dimensions weight and work envelope are probably fairly similar but what else can you guys tell me about it, generally is it a good machine (This will be my first personal machine tool) were there any common problems with them or shortcomings from the factory what was their retail price (probably most important since I'll be looking to negotiate price) what years were these manufactured etc. Anything and everything will be very helpful and greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard l.p..
As for the pm45m, or the pm935, there really is a lot of info on these forums on either of these machines, in the cbc section there is plenty of info on dig machines and factory done ones.

Based on what I have read here it's a solid machine. Good luck with it!

Rich

Welcome aboard l.p..
As for the pm45m, or the pm935, there really is a lot of info on these forums on either of these machines, in the cbc section there is plenty of info on dig machines and factory done ones.

Based on what I have read here it's a solid machine. Good luck with it!

Rich
Thanks rich, so basically the 45 and the 935 are the same machine then?

The pm935 and pm45 are different mills...The 935 is a knee mill and the 45 is a bench type/dovetail mill.

I have a pm932...It's a fantastic milling machine in my opinion. I am not a pro by any means but my 932 handles anything I've thrown at it..I am very happy with the mill...

Last edited:
So I guess my first question is, is where did this 9 come into play? Is it just to show it's an updated version? Because the one I am looking at is just the 45m and it does look quite a bit older than the ones on their website. It's got the older black circular handles instead of the Bridgeport style handles

Here's the only picture of it I have I'm yet to go look at it in person
ff1292127d89bd7d3069d86f0c1ca336.jpg

The PM45M is the predecessor to the PM932M. The PM932 just has added features. Since they are basically the same base machine I guess Matt decided to discontinue the PM45. The PM45 did not have a power head (Z) or quill DRO although the last of PM45s before being discontinued did have the quill DRO. The PM45 also had a coolant system.

These are both RF45 (Rong Fu) style mill/drills hence the name PM45. The name PM932 came about cause that's the size of the table, 9"x32". PM935 & PM945 are completely different machines which are BP style knee mills.

I have a PM45M-PDF.

Old page for the PM45M although not as detailed as it used to be as the other page got replaced by the PM932.

My bad....I accidently typed "945" instead of "45"...Sorry for the confusion...

@darkzero thanks for the link I'm about quarter way through the thread lots of cool tips in there so far! By any chance do you Remember what you paid for the machine and how long you be had it?

Back