Looking For Inside Chuck Jaws (3 Jaw)

Superburban....that makes perfect sense. I’ve never seen that but I can see how that would work. All of mine are banana. My reversible have the jaws that unscrew from the base and then can be reversed. But my Pratt is just like the pics of OP’s chuck.

Last edited:
Here you go. Also, note that the opposite end of the jaw is flat.
Yes, sorry I forgot about the ones with flat back sides. It should read banana, and D shaped.

I saw a youtube vid, where the guy carefully cut his into the football shape with a file & a dremel, I think I would try cutting the top off, and making reversible jaw tops, but that is still a lot of work.

Here you go. Also, note that the opposite end of the jaw is flat.

Yeah, you're right. You need the extra set of jaws. Bummer because jaws need to be fit to the chuck and finding a set that fits just right might be tough.

Yeah, you're right. You need the extra set of jaws. Bummer because jaws need to be fit to the chuck and finding a set that fits just right might be tough.

I was hoping I was wrong. It is a nice chuck; however, the versatility is limited.

You may want to consider a new chuck. You could probably recoup most of the expense by selling the one you have, less the backing plate.

You may want to consider a new chuck. You could probably recoup most of the expense by selling the one you have, less the backing plate.

I did get a new one since this thread which was started a while back. I did not sell the old one. I have another thread (https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/chuck-weight.85823/) on the new chuck, which is a 5" chinese. Good chuck; except, I don't like the weight and the stick-out, in comparison to the old chuck.

I took my 3 jaw to a shop that sells surplus machining equipment. They had tons of shelves of sets of chuck jaws. Probably spent 3-4 hours going through hundreds of pairs of jaws and only found ones that *sorta* fit. I figured it was a lost cause and bought a new chuck.

Back