Looking for mentor Denver Metro area

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
Good morning/afternoon/evening mentors!
I have found fabrication as my passion (at 49 years old) my father was a machinist, unfortunately I spent most my youth chasing a career in music.
ANYWAY...I have been fabricating for some years with a MIG, TIG, Plasma cutter, finger break and a lot of muscling. I have ordered a humble mill and lathe and want to really learn them. I am notorious for figuring out enough to get by (on most things) I want more than that for this.
Hope to work with someone!
Sean

Teaching myself interpretive dance for a little added incentive!
I pull weeds like a billy goat and leave very little streaking when I clean windows.

Hi Sean.

This may be a little late but are you still looking for a mentor? Being on site (ie- Denver metro area) is not possible for me as I live in Southwest Colorado, but am willing to help via email.

Ok. Tried that "start a conversation" when I clicked on your avatar. ..I'm not sure that's working...anyway, I tried to send you my info that way...

Hey Sean,
Not sure if you found what you're looking for or not. I'm in the same boat. I live in South Denver ( Littleton ) and have a mill turn machine that can be manual or cnc. For being a hobbyist, I have a good amount of measuring equipment thanks to a late family member. If you ever want to bounce ideas back and forth, let me know.

Chase that would be awesome! The more the merrier & I believe I’m pretty close (C-470 @ Morrison rd) I don’t know where our knowledge basis are in regards to each other, but it more interesting to learn with someone...
I’ll try & send you my contact info via private message or whatever is available here.
Thanks,
Sean

Chase,
I sent my info via "conversation". Don't know if I did that correctly or if that goes directly to you...

Back