Looking for MT2 collets in metric sizes

skipd

Registered
Registered
I am trying to find a source for MT2 collets in metric sizes. Especially in the larger 6-8-10-12mm sizes. Not having any luck. Has anybody tried to hard turn a smaller imperial size up to a metric size?

skipd1

Er collets are an option. You can find plates to build chucks out of or taper collet holders to slip in the tailstock, headstock, ect… I have them for head and tailstocks of 2 lathes and r8 for the mill. I have a plate style chuck for my 12x36 and my rotary table. I have hex and square collet blocks for quick indexing. They all take the one set of er collets. The one place I know they don't beat something like taper collets is with a nice collet closer. It is slower to use er collets and requires tools. I bought a metric set as at the time it was the way to get collets that covered the entire range from smallest to largest with no gaps. Each collet covered 1mm and they are graduated in 1mm increments. They were all around more affordable than the mt taper collets I was finding. I throw this out as something to consider. I don't have a source for metric mt collets. Good luck however you decide to go.

I would like to suggest Alibaba: Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers from the world's largest online B2B marketplace-Alibaba.com
Before any on-line purchase it pays to ask questions and be very specific as to what you require. Myself and all of my friends who buy off Alibaba have been very happy with our purchases but it can take some time and due diligence to make sure you are dealing with a good supplier. To date I have been very happy with the quality and extremely happy with the price. It pays to keep in mind that generally you get what you pay for although sometimes you luck across a sale/excess stock etc and get unbelievable bargains.
This Agenda 21/30 introducing cold virus is buggering things up a bit though.

I have gotten decent results with bang good also. The length of time to get the product to you can be a deal breaker. If you can wait they are a decent hobbyist option.

I have no experience with Bang but have found that with many things bought through Alibaba they have been on my doorstep quicker that stuff coming across city.
Can a mere mortal understand the vagaries of postal and courier systems?

Back