Looking for online Books

Smithdoor

Active User
Registered
Looking where online books are down loaded

Thank you
Dave

Dave; that is a very broad subject. If you're looking for freebies, start with "Project Gutenberg".

For machinery specific but a good price, try "Your Old Time Bookstore". Use the code "75off" for Gingery and other Lindsay Publications reprints of archaic books. I want one of everything but fiscal responsibility calms me down some.

EBay usually has a Machinery's Handbook or three. Late '30s or early '40s usually have the most practical information. The more modern versions have a lot of industrial stuff, but not for hobbyists. All kinds of usable books there, but I will often beat you to 'em.

Then there are the various search engines, such as "Start Page" or others. Start Page is good if you're paranoid, like me. Just look for "old books" and refine the searches from there.

Lastly, there are places like "Smashwords" that have a little of everything but usually beginning authors and not a lot truely worth reading. Amazon also has a wide range of drivel, and prices start at 99 cents. You can get onto their mailing list (Book Bub) and get occasional free books. If you're that desperate for something to read........

The old Artificer​

Back