Looking for printable chart for 40:1 dividing head

AGCB97

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Preferably one that prints clearly for old eyes. I want a chart that I can put in my shop notebook.
Thanks
Aaron

That works great, Thank you!
Aaron

Send me a PM and I can send dividing-head.exe. I can't attach an exe file.
You specify the gear ratio and the plates you have. Enter the number of divisions you want and it outputs what you need.

Possibly a silly idea, but maybe you can "cheat" by adding a .pdf suffix to the file name ... something like xxxxx.exe.pdf
Windows will probably try to complain, but you can tell it to go ahead anyway. Then try posting it.

Just be sure to caution everybody to strip off the .pdf suffix!

Moderators - if this violates site policy, please feel free to delete my post!

Possibly a silly idea, but maybe you can "cheat" by adding a .pdf suffix to the file name ... something like xxxxx.exe.pdf
Windows will probably try to complain, but you can tell it to go ahead anyway. Then try posting it.

Just be sure to caution everybody to strip off the .pdf suffix!

Moderators - if this violates site policy, please feel free to delete my post!

No problem with open discussion around this issue it comes up from time to time. It would be best if you exchange exe files through private email, Dropbox or some other external service. The forum software doesn’t like exe files and for good reason: bad actors can deliver viruses through an exe delivery system.

I believe the Xenforo system will not allow you to trick it into attaching a exe. If anyone could PM me or Dabbler to let us know if that vulnerability exists (did it work?) we would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK. Thanks for the clarification ... and a very good point about malware!

You specify the gear ratio and the plates you have. Enter the number of divisions you want and it outputs what you need.

I have no computer in the shop and don't own a smart phone so that is why I wanted a paper copy in the shop in my notebook.
Thanks anyway:)
Aaron

In the Workshop Prsctice Series # 37 "Dividing"by Harold Hall are printed tables for 40:1, 60:1 and 90:1 gear ratios.
. In these table you will find the number of divisions, turns and hole spacing depending on the number of holes in the division circle.
Have a good day
Ray

Back