Looking For Some Help In Northern California (grass Valley)

GunMonkey

Registered
Registered
Hello. I am pretty new to the board and just purchased a South Bend 10L a couple weeks ago. I have been trying to clean it up and was wandering if there was anyone in the area that might want to give me some pointers. Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff. I am in Sacramento and am happy to help. Welcome to Hobby-Machinist. I predict you will like it here... If you want you can click on my name to the left of this page under the picture, and it will take you to a place where you can send me a private message (PM). Here they call them conversations, just start a conversation. If you have trouble, just leave a message on this thread, I am watching the thread.

My brother lives in the Grass Valley/Placerville area. Unfortunately he's not a machinist, I just thought it interesting someone on here is from there.

I don't live up that way but if I can help through email I would be glad to help. I have been a machinist since 1975 until 2016. worked as a maint machinist at a shipyard long beach naval shipyaes then onto southern California Edison as a shop machinist then onto pacific gas and electric as a power plant machinist I think that qualifies me to help but maybe not but I will try bill

Thanks Bill. I just bought a South Bend heavy 10 as my first lathe. Im going through it and trying to make sure everything is working on it. Bigger project than I thought. LOL. Always looking to meet new people interested in the trades. Jeff

Sorry for the hijack , BF did you know a guy from the LB shipyard machine shop named Ed Gagnon ?

I was there from 1974-1979 and I don't remember any ed. what section was he in ? bill

Back