looking for table top w68-2 atlas universal compound vice .

well fellows i have looked at a few pictures on the internet ...........and looked at the shadows on my table top .....and this is what i come up with..........it took me about 3 good days to make them and they fit the table good ...............thanks Robert for calling clausing and all your help with these lathes ..........287006287007287008287009

vice jaws6.jpg

the angle iron is 3/8 x 2x2 3" long..........the round stock on the stationary jaw is 1 1/4 long with a clearance hole for 3/8...........the movable jaw is a piece of 1/2 hrs 2x3" long..............the heavy square block welded to the angle iron is 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 crs 2 1/2 long.......the two holes are threaded 3/8-16 thru the back end all way thru ...then the vice jaw is pinned thru the front side in the same holes as the shcs......the pins are 7/8 long 3/8 01 drill rod ..........the hardest part was getting the pins to line up in the holes.....on the bottom is a 1/2 wide slot to take the 1/2 keys for the tee slots .......the slots are 0.125 deep full length of the jaw .......on closer inspection of some pictures of some i found on e-bay ........the movable jaw was the only one keyed to the table........i made mine to where i could key them front and back ....... the key has to be kinda short so it dont interfere with the tee nut....i might go back and revise mine when i get more time ..................

also the screws for the keys are 8-32 counter bored 1/2 long..........the screws that hold them to the table are 3/8-16 shcs 2" long but have to be trimmed to fit so they dont screw into the table........i still nee to cancel the last thread in the tee nuts i made so that doesn't happen..............

Back