Looking to get a 3D printer soon.

I rarely use projects in PrusaSlicer. They allow you to save your slicer setups. Say you put a few items on the build plate and choose filament types, slicing settings, etc. Can be quite useful if you make many adjustments and want to re-run exactly the same plate of parts with some setting tuning later on. Less useful for doing things one at a time with mostly default settings.

Last edited:
I started printing some Gridfinity storage trays. Very nice system of open source designs for scalable trays that you can print to organize your tools and hardware. There is a website, and many videos on "Gridfinity Divider Bins". By Zack Freedman. A great way to use your 3d printer to organize your tools and parts for projects and the shop. There is a Fusion 360 design and an OpenSCAD design so you can customize them, as well as various collections of pre-designed trays, base grids, etc. These alone could justify a 3d printer for the shop. :)

I started printing some Gridfinity storage trays. Very nice system of open source designs for scalable trays that you can print to organize your tools and hardware. There is a website, and many videos on "Gridfinity Divider Bins". By Zack Freedman. A great way to use your 3d printer to organize your tools and parts for projects and the shop. There is a Fusion 360 design and an OpenSCAD design so you can customize them, as well as various collections of pre-designed trays, base grids, etc. These alone could justify a 3d printer for the shop. :)
I plan to make some little boxes like the one's Schaller makes, but customized for my toolbench. I will check that website out.

Back