Looking

utterstan

Registered
Registered
i'm looking at an atlas 7b shaper I was wondering what they're worth in real nice condition.

That really all depends on what you are willing to pay for it. Everyone has a different financial threshold. And can even be influenced by geography and availability. Good luck.

Thank you but I really want to know cash value. I'm in Ontario so you know more than I do. I'm in Northern Ontario

WAG, $500. You could start there and see what happens. Mike

As with the lathes, which typically go for more down here than they do in the North East, location can vary asking price by up to 2:1. The other big variable (assuming that the basic machine is complete) is accessories. With the shaper, they are I think limited to the Atlas shaper vise and Shaper horizontal Indexer. Either of those, which are scarcer than the basic machines, will usually add $100 to $200 to the asking price.

I have my eye out for a shaper in the Philadelphia area. They show up once in awhile on eBay and Craigslist and at the Cabin Fever Expo. They typically sell for $600 to $1000. I think they are neat little machines, but that is more than I want to pay for something that for my purposes would be of limited use.

There have been 2 atlas shapers on kijiji in recent months. Both were around $1000.00. Neither one seemed to be advertised very long. There was a larger shaper for sale in Orillia a few months ago for $750 and another larger one in Owen Sound for $1600.
Cheers
Martin

There have been 2 atlas shapers on kijiji in recent months. Both were around $1000.00. Neither one seemed to be advertised very long. There was a larger shaper for sale in Orillia a few months ago for $750 and another larger one in Owen Sound for $1600.
Cheers
Martin
Thanks for the heads up on a shaper I have to pass on this one.

Back