Lost another Daily Carry Knife.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I keep misplacing it.. I don't know how, its usually in my pocket. I don't like a big knife for a daily, just a small single blade pocket knife. Something that will hold an edge.. Something that won't get lost.... Do they have any knives with trackers :rolleyes: ...

I am sure none of you have ever experienced the feeling of loss from losing your dc.;)

I did I lost my carry knife last summer, carried it for over 25 years and my wife found it three weeks later while she was weed eating. I was happy to see it. I had already ordered a replacement, so I put the replacement in the safe for next time.

I gave up on the nice knives, now I just carry a cheap box cutter clipped in my side pocket. Not nearly the same chachet but I never have to worry about it.

I sometimes carry a rigging knife. It has a handy clip which I slip over the pocket of my jeans.
A rigging knife typically has a blade with a serrated portion and a straight portion.
Mine is like this:
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 1.22.41 PM.png

yea, I don't like a clipped knife. I don't like reaching into my pocket with it up top. I like something that is small enough to drop to the bottom, Like a pen knife, a little bigger...

I bought my son a Leatherman knife (not multi tool) when he was probably 14 or 15. It has a clip, a tang for quickly flipping the blade... sorry I didn't get myself that. He still carries it daily. So that makes it around 15-16 years... He's doing better than I.

I carry 2 . My little Gerber and a fold up razor knife . I'm not sitting around the campfires out back unarmed with all these nutty squirrels running loose ! :nail biter::cautious:

-- But what are the square indents in the blade near the pivot for? Gotta know!
No idea actually.. mine doesn't have those.
But the oblong hole in the blade serves double purpose: 1) provides a way to easily open the knife, 2) slipping it over the 'handle' of the shackle bolt allows for easy tightening/loosening.
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 2.11.42 PM.png

Back