Lost another Daily Carry Knife.

I have 2 knives
K-Bar ( Marine fighting knife) and a folding blade which was given to me before I retired

I keep misplacing it.. I don't know how, its usually in my pocket. I don't like a big knife for a daily, just a small single blade pocket knife. Something that will hold an edge.. Something that won't get lost.... Do they have any knives with trackers :rolleyes: ...

I am sure none of you have ever experienced the feeling of loss from losing your dc.;)

About 40 years ago my dc was a Gerber Paul Knife. It went missing. After mentally retracing my steps, I think I left it on the tray of a fast food meal, so it went into the trash. It still hurts to think about that. :bang head:

For a long time, my dc is a Spyderco Delica.
I've lost one or two. :bang head:
The current incarnation has an orange handle for improved visibility.

The other thing I try to do is to never set it down unless I'm at a designated workstation. DON'T set it on a random surface. If it's not in my hand, it needs to be in my pocket. That's working pretty well, knock wood.

Last edited:
I have three or four locking blade pocket knives. I often misplace one, and then find it again 6 months later, so that number works out Ok. I'd be truly lost on the farm without a pocket knife! Whether strings on hay bales, or opening the latest UPS delivery.

I carry a Leatherman mini. I use the scissors more than a blade although the blade is wicked sharp. But the thing I use the most is the little tweezers for microscopic metal slivers like what comes off a die grinder.

I've gone through several small folding knives over the years, mostly Buck or Gerber. About 2 years ago I switched to a Victorinox Hiker one of the smaller standard size Swiss Army knives. Fits nice in the pocket, multi-function, bright red and large enough that it makes an audible thunk if it falls out of my pocket (pretty sure that is how the others have been lost) and nobody sees a Swiss Army knife as a weapon.

I've gone through several small folding knives over the years, mostly Buck or Gerber. About 2 years ago I switched to a Victorinox Hiker one of the smaller standard size Swiss Army knives. Fits nice in the pocket, multi-function, bright red and large enough that it makes an audible thunk if it falls out of my pocket (pretty sure that is how the others have been lost) and nobody sees a Swiss Army knife as a weapon.
I've had quite a few of them.
I just lost the Alox 1 in red.
Had a Alox Cadet before that.
Missed the opportunity to get the Alox Limited Edition 2021.. I didn't know about it, and when I was at the Victronix store up by my son, they were not showing that last year, I would have bought it.
I have a Sargent, had a spyderco, still have my gerber multi tool from the 90s.. before they added locks to the blades... which reminds me, I got my son one of the nicest Gerbers... again wish I had bought one for me. When he speed skated I figured it would be a good tool to carry around.

The alox 1 has been perfect for my pocket. The cadet which I lost previously was not so useful on the tools, only used the knife. I would like to have had a scissor and knife.

Last edited:
About 40 years ago my dc was a Gerber Paul Knife. It went missing. After mentally retracing my steps, I think I left it on the tray of a fast food meal, so it went into the trash. It still hurts to think about that. :bang head:
YEA that's what I'm talking about, it's like a child, or pet. You get attached.

The other thing I try to do is to never set it down unless I'm at a designated workstation. DON'T set it on a random surface. If it's not in my hand, it needs to be in my pocket. That's working pretty well, knock wood.
Workstation? that's why it's a daily carry, I'm not at my workstation... at my bench I use one of my dedicated knives,

see inline

I used to carry a folding buck and later an electricians knife with a blade and screwdriver. Now I just own an insane number of Stanley fixed blade #199 knives. I really don't know how many I have (probably 15 or more) but they are always close at hand. Some I bought new, some used, some inherited.

Stanley199.PNG

I've had quite a few of them.
I just lost the Alox 1 in red.
Had a Alox Cadet before than.
Missed the opportunity to get the Alox Limited Edition 2021.. I didn't know about it, and when I was at the Victronix store up by my son, they were not showing that last year, I would have bought it.
I have a Sargent, had a spyderco, still have my gerber multi tool from the 90s.. before they added locks to the blades... which reminds me, I got my son one of the nicest Gerbers... again wish I had bought one for me. When he speed skated I figured it would be a good tool to carry around.

The alox 1 has been perfect for my pocket. The cadet which I lost previously was not so useful on the tools, only used the knife. I would like to have had a scissor and knife.

A Swiss Army knife with just one blade seems wrong. :grin:

Back