Lost my home and shop, need hobby outlet

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi gang,
I’m one of the families that lost everything in the Paradise fire. As of this post, over 6,900 homes are gone.
We are very fortunate and have a place to live.
I have heard of community shops where people can go to work with mills, lathes, forges etc.
Does anyone know of a place I am describing in the Chico or Oroville area?
I lost all my tools and machinery, time will decide our new path. Meanwhile I am going to need an outlet during my time off from work, evenings and weekends.
Thanks to all.
Jeff

i'm damn sorry to hear that horrible news.
i'm very happy that you are still with us, but very sad that you lost so much.

i'd be happy to Donate a small milling machine and a small lathe and some tooling to get you started again

the offer stands for however long it takes or whenever you are able to house the equipment.

send me a PM at your convenience, or Email me @ ulmadoc@gmail.com

we can start to rebuild your shop. :black eye:

Glad to hear you are safe. If I lived in the area I'd let you drop by and use my gear.

This is shocking news. Please keep us updated.

Glad you and your family are out of danger , Not sure where your staying but if I make it thru the nite your welcome to use my equipment if it’s still there.
Fire is expected to jump the lake with 50+ mph winds tonight and I’m on the lake shore.

That's horrible! Glad you and your family are OK.

Ted

So sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad your family is unhurt.

There is a maker space in Chico but it looks like a cnc wood router is as machine tool as they get.
https://ideafablabs.com/

This looks like a much better fit for your interests.

https://thecuriousforge.org/ It is in Nevada city, further away than ideal but maybe not out of the question.

Jeff, so sorry for your loss - wow, I don't know if I could even think if that happened to me. Happy you and your family are safe and have a place to stay. Hope the insurance guys step up and help you rebuild.

Back