Lost my home and shop, need hobby outlet

Glad you are with us Jeff. I sincerely hope you'll be made whole again very soon , it's just a matter of time.

Bummer deal Jeff, glad you and yours got out in one piece it's been like hell down there all summer.........

Jeff , woundering if You were told to evacuate and how much time you had to leave
Up to 23 fatalities.

It was a little after 8:00, my wife called and said, “it’s getting really dark and it’s raining debris, hitting the roof, sounds like it’s raining”.
I left immediately from Gridley, I received a text to evacuate on the way home (Gridley to Paradise is 40 minutes).
When I got home, it was dark as night, wind gusts, explosions going off to the East. There was the devil in that direction.
I grabbed a few things my wife had set by the door and we left.
We left her car in the garage, I took my new truck and left my 2002 F-150.
Yes, we received an evacuation notice.
Sheriff Hoenig has his hands full. This fire grew so fast, no one knew what was coming until it was at the doorstep.

Glad you and your family are out of danger , Not sure where your staying but if I make it thru the nite your welcome to use my equipment if it’s still there.
Fire is expected to jump the lake with 50+ mph winds tonight and I’m on the lake shore.

What’s happening on your end of this raging inferno d lane?
It seems like the whole County is threatened or on fire.
I sure hope you and yours don’t suffer this nightmare.

Made it thru the long night without evacuation, berry creek is evacuated so campers are everywhere around here.
Smoke was bad all nite , it’s clear this morning for now anyhow , I’m in Kelly Ridge down on the lake if this place goes up I’ll be going back to Arkansas ASAP I may anyhow. Had to fight to get somthing to burn in the summer there.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and what folks in your area are going through. Not much else a person can say that is of much help I imagine except our thoughts are with you.

Jeff,
I am barely able to control my emotions as we watch the news. What has happened to you has been my continuing nightmare ever since we barely escaped the 2012 Ponderosa fire, which came within 1/2 mile of our home. At least we had plenty of time to prepare and evacuate. I was shell-shocked for weeks and still experience PTSD when I see the convoys of fire trucks or pictures of the fire and devastation on TV. The magnitude of your loss is nearly unimaginable.

I'm about 100 miles away, but my home and shop are at your disposal. If you need assistance of the manual labor sort, I'm available and and fairly capable for my advanced years. Just say the word.

Stay strong. Our prayers are with you.

Craig

Ah jeez Craig, I can barely hold my emotions in check.
I am familiar with Shingletown, I bought my Bridgeport there.
You also have beautiful heavy wooded surroundings that love to burn when conditions are ripe.
My wife and I were going over our experience this morning.
PTSD, is real, we are going through all kinds of emotions.
I may just contact you one of these days and ask to use a machine or two. With supervision of course.
Thank you,
Jeff

There aren't words to express how I feel about this. Just wish you the best.

Back