Low Cost DRO's from Igaging

Re: igaging and accuremote dro's

What if anything, is different between iguaging and accuremote?

the igaging scales are extruded aluminum and do NOT power down. the accuracy is stated:
6" .002
12" .004
24" .008 (these numbers are within the total length of the scales)
36" .014
my most humble opinion is that for many projects, and a hobby type person, these numbers are fine.

the Accuremote scales are stainless steel, shiney and a bit more accurate. such as:

6" .001
12" .0015
24" .002 (these also are within the total length of the scale)
38" .003

the igaging scales are extruded aluminum and do NOT power down.

I respectfully disagree as here is just a sample of folks that have these (feel free to google the igaging scales for yourself) and mention they do indeed power down quite quickly. I guess it's always possible that they improved upon this though:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f28/dro-mini-mill-anyone-have-these-19143/index5.html

David, are you saying you've personally tested these that you are buying and selling and they do NOT power down anymore?

Dave

I can tell you for a fact that the Igaging read-outs I got from David do not power down. I forgot to turn mine off and they were still on 24 hours later.

I can tell you for a fact that the Igaging read-outs I got from David do not power down. I forgot to turn mine off and they were still on 24 hours later.

Same here, I've been gone from my shop for over a month & hope I turned mine off.

Can these scales be cut?

I respectfully disagree as here is just a sample of folks that have these (feel free to google the igaging scales for yourself) and mention they do indeed power down quite quickly. I guess it's always possible that they improved upon this though:

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f28/dro-mini-mill-anyone-have-these-19143/index5.html

David, are you saying you've personally tested these that you are buying and selling and they do NOT power down anymore?

Dave
I have 3 of the igaging. The newer ones do not power down. Which is good, but if you forget to turn them off the batteries they will die quickly. Luckily I found a cheap source for batteries on Ebay, 50 batteries for $10.

I tried wiring in a dc plug in power source but it would not work. I'm not sure why but I suspect that it wasn't a pure DC voltage. They would turn on, but wouldn't register any movement. So the stockpile of batteries was plan B. :))

Excellent, thanks so much for the updated information. This is great to know and I appreciate the input as being able to use the cheaper ones will come in handy for things like a drill press, router table etc.

Dave

Dave

yes dave, and as others have concurred, the older ones did power down but there were some problems with those and when they were improved, they disabled or took out the timer circuit, and I double checked with the importer to be certain. . . .

I am currently working on a larger capacity battery pack for mine. something like a "plug and play" type thing. I nearly have the prototype done but the holiday season has pretty much taken over my spare time.

Hey David, I sent you a pm... never sure if they go thru.

Rich

Back