Lucas Oil Stabilizer

38super

Registered
Registered
Been adding a couple ounces to spindle and way lube squirt guns. Spindle doesn't puddle as much.

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I use it in my Harley and high mileage vehicles. It's a friction reducer, and seems to increase the viscosity some. Can't see why it wouldn't work in any gearbox. I would probably avoid using it with any kind of wet clutch setup. Mike

benmychree

John York
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Been adding a couple ounces to spindle and way lube squirt guns. Spindle doesn't puddle as much.
Spindle oil is not something to be increasing the viscosity of, may cause excessive heating and bearing failure. Use the correct spindle oil recommended bu the manufacturer; in the case of waylube, ditto. Years ago, STP was the big thing, this is just more snake oil.

38super

Registered
Registered
STP is considered a viscosity modifier, Lucas oil stabilizer modifies molecular chain.

Liljoebrshooter

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
And the very small temperature changes in a lathe gear box probably doesn't change the viscosity hardly any.
Apples to oranges comparison.

Joe

38super

Registered
Registered
I was looking for better oil retention. , A puddle forms on the table a couple hours after lubing the mill spindle. The snake oil seems to reduce this. Spindle doesn't sound any different.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock