Lucas Oil Stabilizer

38super

Registered
Registered
Been adding a couple ounces to spindle and way lube squirt guns. Spindle doesn't puddle as much.

I use it in my Harley and high mileage vehicles. It's a friction reducer, and seems to increase the viscosity some. Can't see why it wouldn't work in any gearbox. I would probably avoid using it with any kind of wet clutch setup. Mike

Been adding a couple ounces to spindle and way lube squirt guns. Spindle doesn't puddle as much.
Spindle oil is not something to be increasing the viscosity of, may cause excessive heating and bearing failure. Use the correct spindle oil recommended bu the manufacturer; in the case of waylube, ditto. Years ago, STP was the big thing, this is just more snake oil.

STP is considered a viscosity modifier, Lucas oil stabilizer modifies molecular chain.

And the very small temperature changes in a lathe gear box probably doesn't change the viscosity hardly any.
Apples to oranges comparison.

Joe

I was looking for better oil retention. , A puddle forms on the table a couple hours after lubing the mill spindle. The snake oil seems to reduce this. Spindle doesn't sound any different.

Back