Lulzbot Taz 5

JohnsonFabrication

Active User
Registered
I bit the bullet and bought a Lulzbot Taz 5 last Friday. I am expecting delivery of it Tuesday, spent all day today making 3d models to print on it when it gets here. Anyone have any experience with the previous iterations of the Taz printer? I am new to the 3d printing field, but it looks like it won't be all that difficult to do. This will be fun to play with while i'm stuck waiting for parts for the CNC machine again.

I don't have experience with the TAZ series....but lot's of others.
If you have any questions send me a PM and I'll try to help you out...

Jay

I have a TAZ4 purchased just before Christmas 2014. I like it a lot, the quality of the printer is great and Lulzbot has great support and a good forum, so be sure to check it out. Be aware there is a pretty hefty learning curve to 3D printing so be prepared for that and some normal frustrations as you get up to speed. We have some commercial Stratasys 3D printers where I work and they make very nice parts but the printers cost 50X to 100X what the TAZ costs. The parts I print at work are better than the parts I can print at home on my TAZ but they're not 50X to 100X better. But you have to be a lot more knowledgeable about 3D printing to get the best quality prints you can on the TAZ, lots of potential problems, but once you figure it out you'll be amazed at what you can do with the little inexpensive TAZ.

John

Thanks John
The TAZ printers a few steps above a starter printer. I know you get what you pay for but 2700.00 is more than i will pay for a 3d printer.
CH

You will love it. I have the smallest machine its maybe 6x6x8 build cube on my desk at work. They are cool little gizmos for sure. The very first part I made on it was an adapter housing to connect a stepper motor to a rotab for my tormach 4th axis build.
329867a006d5298a5acb6b10e1f01477.jpg
78d74bd77b677aa1cdeab7af2c51acea.jpg
7ef93cbaab9d8018d36e805ccef890b7.jpg

Back