M33 x 1.5mm pipe tap needed

lesrhorer

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have an M33 x 1.5mm pipe tap I can borrow? I am buying an air compressor pump to replace the siezed pump on my vertical compressor, but the new pump has a metric outlet pipe, and I can't find any adapters, so I thought I would make one from a piece of brass. I am thinking of getting a piece of 1-3/4" brass, tapping one side to M33, and the other to 1" NPT. I can get a 1" NPT tap cheap, but M33 taps are pricey.

I suggest you chase the threads. Last month I chased 33mm by 3mm internal threads on my 10-30 PM lathe, no different than any other metric thread. 33mm by 1.5mm was the " B" position on the feed range knob. 33mm by 3mm was the C position.

Edit: typo

I suggest you chase the threads. Last month I chased 33mm by 3mm internal threads on my 10-30 PM lathe, no different than any other metric thread. 33mm by 1.5mm was the " B" position on the feed range knob. 33mm by 3mm was the C position.

Edit: typo
My lathe doesn't have shift levers. I have to change gears out, but that is still a great idea. I can get an M14 x 1.5 tap from Amazon for under $9. What sort of taper should I cut for a pipe thread?

Are you kidding me? That is over $330, and it is a spiral point plug tap, not a pipe tap.
deleted,
if you search on their site you might find exactly the tap you're looking for, best of luck to you.

Last edited:
I could get the M33 x 1.5mm pipe tap on Amazon for around $80. The point is not getting a tap of the correct size. It is finding one I can afford. That is why I said, "...M33 taps are pricey." In any case, as T Bredehoft wisely pointed out, I can use a smaller 1.5mm pitch tap to chase the threads for under $9.

Back