Mach 3 Issues Now

speedre9

Active User
Registered
In Mach 3 there's a widow in the upper right of the screen that's supposed to show the tool paths and an image of the part you're cutting. I don't get that I get a series of red circles, anybody have any ideas on what is happening, and why ??

Under General Config check if you have Distance Mode set to Absolute and IJ mode to Inc.
That is where to start.

Ray

So when I start my cut it seems to run fine until line 8 in the code. Line 8; N80X0.0000Y0.0000F100.0, this is where the machine travels
in the Y positive and slightly X positive as to make travel at an angle. I don't read or know code but even I can see that's not right.

Attachments

• Profile 1.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 13
It looks like it assumes that Z is in a safe position, and is moving to X0, Y0. If the machine makes a move then the starting location of the tool is not at 0,0. I don't know why it wants to make this move.

Even more odd is the lack of a G0 or G1 on that line, and why a move would be made without one of those. It looks like that line is just to set the initial speed.

Try editing that line to read N80F100.0 and see what happens.

I still think you should throw a G54 in your code right before N80. This ensures that you're not working off your machine coordinate system, which can be completely different than your work offset coordinate system. Do you have home switches on your machine?

A lack of G00 or G01 is not a problem on line N80. Those commands are modal so the last one executed will stay active until a change is given. Your X0Y0 command will be a rapid movement in your code so the feedrate is redundant on line N80.

it is perfectly valid to have a X0 Y0 without a G0 or G1 on the same line in some circumstances. It would help if you shared the first 9 lines of code, not just the X0 Y0 F100

I will try the edit and no I have not wired any limits or home switches as of yet. Question how does Mach 3 know the size of my working envelope, I didn't tell it.

For more of the code see the txt. file three up from your post

I will try the edit and no I have not wired any limits or home switches as of yet. Question how does Mach 3 know the size of my working envelope, I didn't tell it.
When you load your program mach3 checks the extents of the travel in the program. This tells it the working envelope of your current part.

The the work envelope of your machine is set (i think) by the soft limits set in the homing/limits set-up.

Back