Mach3 2020 Screen Sets

No, I'm talking about these buttons:

ScreenCap-buttons.jpg

The manual says they run homing scripts:
Man_Page.jpg

"Zero to laser crosshair" is just like hitting the two buttons - to zero X and Y on the DRO's. It's only easier than that if the laser isn't in the spindle (mine is) but rather a known distance away. Since mine is in the middle of the spindle, I can just hit the two buttons.

The other buttons say, "Executes VB homing script". I read that to mean the scripts were there in the long list of macros that I copied over when I installed the 2010 screenset, and I thought that's what I had bought. I guess what I really bought was a screen that might be a bit better than the default Mach screen (1024.set), but might not be better than it either. I certainly find it easier to find things on the original screen, but that's almost certainly because I'm used to it. And, of course, I bought the script that lowers the spindle until it touches my plate and then sets zero.

Huh. I guess there's more difference between the Mach3 and UCCNC than I thought.

If you're still having problems - even with just figuring features out - you might try giving Gerry a shout. He's been incredibly responsive over on the UCCNC forum, so I suspect he'll be helpful if you contact him through his web site or maybe on the Mach3 forum. I know he also frequents the CNCZone site.

-S

Huh. I guess there's more difference between the Mach3 and UCCNC than I thought.

If you're still having problems - even with just figuring features out - you might try giving Gerry a shout. He's been incredibly responsive over on the UCCNC forum, so I suspect he'll be helpful if you contact him through his web site or maybe on the Mach3 forum. I know he also frequents the CNCZone site.

-S

I suppose I should say, "hey buddy! Got a 3 axis zeroing routine?"

:grin big:

You think you're joking, but that sort of thing is just what I've done a couple of times with both Gerry's UCCNC screenset and an x-box jogging plug-in from another guy. Both times the author/vendor hooked me (and everyone else who bought it) up with some cool features or bug fixes.

Back