Mach3 Backlash Compensation Pm45CNC

So what I can tell I don't have any noticeable leadscrew endplay...this is assuming that I measured it properly of course. It would probably behoove me to toss a picture up of how I am measuring it.

I pulled the motor off and was turning the leadscrew by hand, I set up a indicator and it was obvious that the backlash is there.

So my next question....Am I going to have to remove my table to properly access all the goodies?

A picture would be helpful.

It really sounds like the ballscrew/ballnut interface is a bit loose. If you only have a single ballnut, then the only fix is to take a look at the bearings like countryguy did. Another option is to add a second ballnut if there is enough room to stuff it in there.

I'm afraid that removing the table is in your future.

From what Ive gathered backlash usually doesn't have any affect with a motion controller. Usually there's a config program for the motion controller.

Found a link a Jamen manual

I had a quick look and it's your typical lack luster Chinese manual. Talks about a USB connection from PC to Controller.

Might pay to have a look see around cnczone if you haven't already.

Nothing quite as fun as reading a "well" translated manual!

Thanks for that link! I took to the New-Fangled Solutions forum also, they looked over my XML and couldn't find anything awry. I did find out that I am running a pirated license though! I had thought it was just the demo version of mach that came with the controller software...but nope! I'm thinking maybe that might be hanging up somewhere and giving me issues with the backlash compensation. So I'm gonna grab a legitimate paid license in a bit and see where that takes me.

A picture would be helpful.

It really sounds like the ballscrew/ballnut interface is a bit loose. If you only have a single ballnut, then the only fix is to take a look at the bearings like countryguy did. Another option is to add a second ballnut if there is enough room to stuff it in there.

I'm afraid that removing the table is in your future.

Thanks for all the help Jim! I am going to put off pulling things apart for another week or so. I have a small batch of parts to run and want to get those out of the way first.

But don't you worry, I am sure I will be back with some form of bearings or ballnut question...Perhaps somewhere along the lines of, "So I snapped my ballscrew in half, Can I JB weld it back together?" :lmao:

Nothing quite as fun as reading a "well" translated manual!

Thanks for that link! I took to the New-Fangled Solutions forum also, they looked over my XML and couldn't find anything awry. I did find out that I am running a pirated license though! I had thought it was just the demo version of mach that came with the controller software...but nope! I'm thinking maybe that might be hanging up somewhere and giving me issues with the backlash compensation. So I'm gonna grab a legitimate paid license in a bit and see where that takes me.

Gee that sounds somewhat dodgy. Did you get it from a dealer ?

As for the snapped ballscrew...plasticine is usually the go for half\half and flour and water for any other situation.:rofl:

Gee that sounds somewhat dodgy. Did you get it from a dealer ?

As for the snapped ballscrew...plasticine is usually the go for half\half and flour and water for any other situation.:rofl:

The gentleman that informed me that it was a pirated version also mentioned that it is a very common thing for controllers out of China, they just send a disk with the drivers and with a pirated version of Mach. I don't understand why they don't just send a demo from Mach's website. Mach's "demo" offer is about as good as it gets.

I'm glad I've got a few options for the snapped ballscew! Wouldn't want to have to go strait to the old stick welder, would we? :))

[QUOTE = "Jamespvill, должность: 271202, участник: 29512»]
Джентльмен, который сообщил мне, что это пиратская версия, также упомянул, что это очень распространенная вещь для контролеров из Китая, они просто посылают диск с драйверами и с пиратской версией Маха. Я не понимаю, почему они не просто отправляют демо с сайта Маха. "Демо" предложение Маха примерно так же хорошо, как и получается.

Я рад, что у меня есть несколько вариантов для сломанного мяча! Не хотелось бы идти прямо к старому сварщику палочек, не так ли? :))
[/ QUOTE]
Hi, did you manage to enable backlash compensation in mach3 with JNC-40M?

I could never get the backlash compensation to work with the JNC-40M board. I suspect that the board does not support it. Once I moved to the smoothstepper, It was not problem to enable.

[QUOTE = "Босвелл, должность: 691331, участник: 30083"]
Я никогда не мог получить компенсацию люфта для работы с платой JNC-40M. Я подозреваю, что плата не поддерживает это. Как только я перешел на сглаживатель, включить его было не проблема.
[/ QUOTE]
Хорошо, спасибо, я мучил эту доску в течение недели, вероятно. почему доска должна поддерживать если функция в mach3? плата просто переводчик того, что посылает mach3 к моторам, странно. возможно что-то в плагине не включено китайцами и функция не работает ..

Back