Mach3 using Xhc MPG Pendant

Looks like you need the new version if you want to run with windows 10... Sadface.

My WHB04B wireless showed up yesterday! The thing is connecting to my PC and showing position values. I can use it for several operations then it crashes (or hangs) Mach3. Are there other MPG settings I should or should not be using? I see options in Mach3 for MPG ports and pins. If you have a WHB04B working please let me know what your Mach3 settings are.

Hello,
Are any of you successfully running with the XHC pendants? I have the wired and wireless versions. Both do not display any info from Mach. Conversely they do not send any pulses to Mach either. I feel there is a pin or setting in Mach3 I am missing that is not mentioned in the setup.

I have the latest driver from the manufacturer and am running Win 10
http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/edownloads/221.html

Thanks
Joe

I have the wireless version working. I am either using HB04_3.5.6 or HB04_3.6 driver versions (have to go out into the shop later to know which. These appear to not be the latest but I get position display (that I never look at) and I can JOG when I am zeroing and adjust feed rate override in real time when needed. I am also using Windows 10. It has been a long time since I installed it but I don't remember having significant problems. I'll try to get out into the shop later and find the actual DLL that I am using.

Thanks!
I just did a full windows update and a reinstall of mach3. The pendant connects to the wireless dongle, but there seems to be no communication between mach and the pendant. I went with the driver 3.8. It looks like the drivers on the site may be mislabeled. I tested with 3.6 but that was for the wired version.

Last edited:
I got things working!
After a clean install of Mach3, the pendent driver needs to be the first addition. From there I added my controller driver and machine profiles.

Next Question:
What are your macro settings? In the plugin config, there is an upper section with macro labels and pull down menus. There is a lower section with more macro labels but it is asking for button numbers in text fields.

What is the difference between the macro1 in the upper section and the macro1 in the lower section?

yep, I don't use macros. In fact I use it only for a few things
1. Jogging when setting part zeros (rotary switch to select the axis and the jog wheel to move. I select the jog increment directly from Mach3
2. Realtime adjustment of Feed rate. This is useful on first runs when I am dialing in the proper feed rate and then also when I am milling a larger pocket the first pass is a full width cut and then remaining passes are 50% so I need to manually slow the feed rate down for the first pass and then back to 100% when it gets to the 50% depth of cut.

Circling back on this one. I have been using my WHB04B-4 to start and stop the spindle and a few macros. Past that, the jogging is kinda strange. My machine will move one or two ticks and then Mach3 will freeze for 15-20 seconds. This seems fixable through a Mach3 configuration. Have any of you seen this behavior and know how to fix it?

Generally jogging works just find for me and about the only thing I use the pendent for. It does feel like there is a sync between the detents in the jog wheel and the actual jogging from Mach3. Well, most of the time, one "click" on the wheel will cause a Jog of the selected distance but occasionally I will rotate the wheel one "click" but no movement of the table will happen. As this is a very benign failure mode, I just ignore it. I have never seen Mach3 freeze up. check to be sure you don't have anything else running on the system, even virus software etc. Does Mach3 freeze under any other circumstances besides Jogging? What about if you jog via the keyboard and not the Pendent?

Back