Machine Bolt Thread Size?

I have a bunch of odd ball taps , 1/4- 32 -36 , 14- 24 - 40 even smaller taps much finer then the norm 4- 5- 6- 8- 10- 12 , some are for gunsmithing others I think clock building . I watch for them when looking on eBay. But some came from brownells and mittermires.
There's an old brown & sharpe in north Jersey for $225.00 or so. If I had help I'd buy it good looking mill

One of B&S thread standards was 1/2-14, they used it in machine construction and in the ends of taper adaptors for the spindle; it can still be found as standard in some later catalogs. Thread standards such as we use today did not come about until the world war one era, before that it was up to individual manufacturers to set standards for their products; realize that B&S is one of the earliest machine tool manufacturers in the USA; they needed standards, so they created their own ---

I’m sorry .i started this thread with a question 2 months ago. Billh50 got it right. 28 pitch, major diam. Less than a 1/4.
I made one on a 16 by 54 lathe. Took 3 tries kept breaking it off. That was my first single point threading. On me you figure out the basics it can be done!
Thanks ron

Back