Machine leveling casters

DLF

Registered
Registered
Hello,

Does anyone have an opinion on those chineese machine leveling casters? The (cheap) kind that has a retractable rubber foot and allows the machine to be easily moved.

I want to install 6 of them under my 1440 lathe.

Will they offer good stability when the late is lifted on the rubber feet?

Thank you
03bda2b445bc15e088e1934b51089966.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Spend the extra money for the real ones, or fabricate a stand with wheels and separate levelers.

I haven't used the Carrymaster ones but I'm definitely not thrilled with the ones I got from Toolots.

John

I bought a set of the cheap chinese levelers and found the rubber feet are too soft. The bench (with lathe on it) moves quite a bit if pushed, due to the rubber flexing. If I were to do it again, I would get better levelers. Unhappy with the ones I have now.

If you're going with leveling casters, Carrymaster makes some of the best ones. Surprisingly, they are not a whole lot more in cost than the cheap crappy ones. I have tried the cheap Chinese ones, the Footmaster brand and Carrymaster and there is no question in my mind that Carrymaster is the best of the lot.

I bought a set from McMaster and found them to be very unstable. I’m not certain what brand they are, but usually McMaster sells name brand hardware. If I try something different, I think I’ll get “step down casters”. We have them on some things at work, and they seem to be the ticket. My only concern is durability under a heavier load.

The same thing happened to me, it is better to invest a little more money than to go cheap
I bought a set of the cheap chinese levelers and found the rubber feet are too soft. The bench (with lathe on it) moves quite a bit if pushed, due to the rubber flexing. If I were to do it again, I would get better levelers. Unhappy with the ones I have now.

If you're going with leveling casters, Carrymaster makes some of the best ones. Surprisingly, they are not a whole lot more in cost than the cheap crappy ones. I have tried the cheap Chinese ones, the Footmaster brand and Carrymaster and there is no question in my mind that Carrymaster is the best of the lot.
+1 Carrymaster is worth any premium.

This is a bit of an old thread, but it's similar to my situation. I have This workbench from Grizzly, and would like to be able to roll it around as needed:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 142134.png
The stems on the feet have M14 x 2mm thread pitch, and no one seems to make leveling stem casters in that size.

Does anyone know a company that makes custom casters? Of the popular ones available, like the Carrymaster, are the baseplates and stems swappable?

I'm considering building little booties for the legs out of 2" square tubing and attaching leveling plate casters to those, as I don't want to modify the table legs permanently.

This is a bit of an old thread, but it's similar to my situation. I have This workbench from Grizzly, and would like to be able to roll it around as needed:

View attachment 464890
The stems on the feet have M14 x 2mm thread pitch, and no one seems to make leveling stem casters in that size.

Does anyone know a company that makes custom casters? Of the popular ones available, like the Carrymaster, are the baseplates and stems swappable?

I'm considering building little booties for the legs out of 2" square tubing and attaching leveling plate casters to those, as I don't want to modify the table legs permanently.
Might be easier to drill and re-tap the legs for a caster size that you can find.

Back