Machine shop auction Portland Oregon

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looks like they have 4 Bridgeport's and 5 new tape measures among many other items.

I've never seen individual tape measures listed like that before.

20191014_075130.jpg

I was hoping you wouldn't notice that. Got my sights set on it :geek:

Memories!

I purchased my first metal lathe (Atlas 12x36) from Russ Carter at that location in about 1974.

I'll have to get on the nostalgia train for a final look-see at the shop as that area of Portland has gone the gentrification route big time.

I just now had the time to go through the auction catalog. I'm glad I have to work when they have the preview days otherwise I'd drop a fortune there.

I saw Bridgeports, some complete, one not running, and I think 2 with no heads on them, but they have several heads listed separately. Kurt vise swivel bases, tapping heads, you name it.

I don't really need anything there, but that doesn't stop me from drooling over what's available
:geek:

I probably could, but my wife is going to have hip replacement surgery and I'm trying to save all my vacation for that.

And like I said there isn't really anything I need. For what I do I have all the machinery and tooling I need.

But, I did find a 64 Chevy carryall for $2500. I may just spend my money on that instead.

Screenshot_20191009-142046_Facebook.jpg

Back