Machine shop auction St. Helen's OR

I bid $325 on it.

I'm at work so couldn't do the live auction thing.

I would suggest you give them a call. :) Maybe you scored!

It looks like if you login to the bidding site, go to the Pahl auction, and click on "Bid" next to "Pacific Industrial Services - Machine shop" it will open their bidding web applet and you can click on the "Won" tab to see if you won or not.

Thank you for that. I did get lucky, it was $300. This morning I had $200 on it, but decided to up my bid to $325. I'm glad I did. The wells will replace my crappy Carolina saw. I'll sell the Carolina on Craigslist and probably get almost as much as I got the wells for.

My other purchase I'm working on is a Fadal 30" machining center with 4th axis. Really crossing my fingers on that one. I'm at work running it now

20190725_154912.jpg

I picked up my saw today. Got it home and everything works on it. I emailed Wells and got a full PDF parts and operators manual. They also told me it was made in 1974. I need to order blades for it and I'm going to work out an off switch so when the saw is finished cutting it will shut off. I did the same on my Carolina saw with a toggle switch. That way I don't have to babysit it. I'm also going to add coolant to it. I've got a little giant pump that will work for that.

I was talking to Debbie when I checked out and she said they have another machine shop auction coming up in September in Portland. She said she would put me on their mailing list. I wish the auctions were on a Friday, I'd like to meet you and shoot the breeze.

I picked up my booty yesterday. I am not sure I made out that well after the 10 hour round trip... but I am happy with my pile of stainless. There were several machines left in the shop and I am glad I didn't bid on them. Most were MUCH bigger than they looked on the auction website. That cut off saw was HUGE! Even the nut and bolt rack was a lot larger than I expected... that was one I was really hoping to win.

I talked to and worked with Ray and he was nice and very accommodating. The guy running the fork lift was also nice and helpful. They loaded my truck for me and didn't ask for any kind of loading fee. I would have no trouble biding on their future auctions... the trip does get kind of long though.

I am glad to hear you are happy with your new saw. I also appreciate hearing that you are not that pleased with your Carolina saw... I have seen several on CL and such and always passed because of other negative reviews. It is always good to have another opinion.

I do a fair amount of work after business hours which gives me a flexible schedule during the day which is nice to be able to follow the auction online. There was audio with the online auction and it really didn't sound like there were very many people onsite at the auction... it is hard to tell though.

Back