Machine Shop Discount Supply

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I recently ordered an assortment of stub drills from them. Very reasonable prices on individual drills and flat rate shipping made this very affordable. One of the drills I received had a chipped cutting edge. I emailed them with a photo. They shipped a replacement immediately, no questions asked, no need to return the defective drill (which I can obviously regrind).

Thanks for the link! Bookmarked...

I recently ordered an assortment of stub drills from them. Very reasonable prices on individual drills and flat rate shipping made this very affordable. One of the drills I received had a chipped cutting edge. I emailed them with a photo. They shipped a replacement immediately, no questions asked, no need to return the defective drill (which I can obviously regrind).

I bought every straight tail lathe dog that they sell.

I also recommend that supplier.

As a follow-up, I received the replacement drill. It had "W Germany" stamped on the shank. How old is that?!

I have used them a bunch of times. I really should take a trip over there sometime, it used to be around where we lived 25 + years ago.
I haven't been around that area in quite a number of years.

Would like to hear your review of the lathe dogs.

Regards,
Terry

ZERO issues. They wouldn’t win a beauty contest, but they could not possibly be more serviceable.

If you plan on ordering a full set like I did, expect some sizes to be back ordered. They will come in eventually (e.g., a month) so that you can complete the set.

I love lathe dogs!

F505B029-6AA1-4FAA-83F8-7C59117B649A.jpeg

ZERO issues. They wouldn’t win a beauty contest, but they could not possibly be more serviceable.

If you plan on ordering a full set like I did, expect some sizes to be back ordered. They will come in eventually (e.g., a month) so that you can complete the set.

I love lathe dogs!

View attachment 381505
Whoa! Very nice. I've never used lathe dogs, but there've been a handful of instances when I wished I had them and new how to use them. Do you prefer the straight over the bent, or just didn't need both? What's the difference?

Thanks for posting the photo.

Regards,
Terry

Back