Machine tools near laundry machines

I have heard that dihydrogen monoxide works well in this application, this information is however unsubstantiated so proceed with caution.
I have actually used it quite a bit and have found it to be most effective when diluted with water in a 3:1 ratio.

Tom

... by the way, you're the only person other than myself that ever heard of dihydrogen monoxide.
Shucks, Eugene ... I've been preaching about the hazards of DHMO for years (just not here). Did you know that 100% of malignant tumors are loaded with DHMO? Could go on for hours...

Yeah, you can bathe in it, but it is a proven fact that everyone that has ever come in contact with it eventually dies. What can you expect from a chemical used with some paints, both as a thinner and a solvent?

We have a 1950's radial drill press at the shop where I work, they took a job building a clothes hanger (the automated system that unpackages shirts and places them on hangers for retail display) which was placed next to it, that drill press stopped working within a week, this leads me to believe that it may not be the detergents at work. Cotton may be the cause of machine failure, think about how often you have had a machine fail whilst you were wearing cotton clothing, coincidence?
I think not.

radialdrill.jpg

That is a nice big drill press, the machine shop at my ex-job has an "American Hole Wizard" about the same size. I once used it to bore the seals on an HP turbine diaphragm, about 36" diameter. As I sit here I am steeping barley in 3 gallons of 160 deg DHMO, perhaps the best use for it's solvent properties.

Back