Machinery's Handbook?

-- American Machinist Handbook

That's a good one. There's also one from Audel's, not quite as sophisticated as the American, but probably more useful to the novice machinist. At least I found it so.

Last edited:
Man Everybody Has to have a Machinery Handbook :) you know that big drawer between the Smaller Drawers on your Gerstner tool box is designed to fit that book. No Tool Box is complete with out one !

The little one on the left works pretty well too. :biggrin:

005.JPG

005.JPG

Is there an equivalent to Machinery's / American / Audel's in Britain?

If you have to use the big print edition where do you store it in your tool box?

Well I have the hand book but the Gerstner. is a little out of my budgett:(

I was lucky enough to have mine Handed down to me as a thank you for helping out on a job. fortunately /unfortunately 80 years of Love, Cutting Fluid and dirt has taken it's toll on it. Now it is my Drafting box that lives beside my Drafting Board. I every now and again think about popping the looser joints loose and Gluing them. Maybe getting some of that Restorer-cleaner for the wood and leatherette. Then I take my pill and see what a seriously Stupidly bad idea that is! any kind of " RESTORATION " would be an injustice , and would as good as erase 2 Lifetimes Mine and the Old guy that made his living from it. I mean every Scratch, Nick, Chip and Oily finger print is a record of a man's Life's work. "Like here I was, the is the contribution my Life made"
I was lucky enough to have mine Handed down to me as a thank you for helping out on a job. fortunately /unfortunately 80 years of Love, Cutting Fluid and dirt has taken it's toll on it. Now it is my Drafting box that lives beside my Drafting Board. I every now and again think about popping the looser joints loose and Gluing them. Maybe getting some of that Restorer-cleaner for the wood and leatherette. Then I take my pill and see what a seriously Stupidly bad idea that is! any kind of " RESTORATION " would be an injustice , and would as good as erase 2 Lifetimes Mine and the Old guy that made his living from it. I mean every Scratch, Nick, Chip and Oily finger print is a record of a man's Life's work. "Like here I was, the is the contribution my Life made"

Back