Machinery's Handbook

Dunno, I find the Engineer's Black Book to be a bit scatterwit in how it's organized. It's also missing some of the info on basic design factors, like allowances for wrenches on bolt heads or how deep to make a countersink.

I'd love a CAD tool that had that info baked into it, along with a fastener library.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have both Machinery's & Black books. You can only condense so much into a pocket book. I typically refer to the Black & if I need more info, bump up to the bible.

pstemari has a million dollar idea!

They also publish a Fastener Black book as well not sure if this has information you asking about!

I have an old edition that was my father’s. I used it just a few days ago to look up some info on press fits. Wow, it was terrific, helped me to figure out just what kind of press fit I wanted, torque characteristics, etc.
I don’t generally keep a computer, laptop or tablet in the shop...too oily and greasy. I go in the lab for that.

Wine grower wrote: "....I don’t generally keep a computer, laptop or tablet in the shop...too oily and greasy. I go in the lab for that."

Same here. Take a copy of your notes, drawing, schematic to the shop. Do what you can with that. My clipboards rotate between the shop & desk. Lab? I like that term!

I received my Black book today No drill cage!
Well that's not good! I just looked in the latest 'The Shed' magazine and noticed that it is no longer advertised as coming with a free drill Gauge. Perhaps they have run out or there is some stupid shipping regulation?
Regardless the book is a handy reference and built to last.

Well that's not good! I just looked in the latest 'The Shed' magazine and noticed that it is no longer advertised as coming with a free drill Gauge. Perhaps they have run out or there is some stupid shipping regulation?
Regardless the book is a handy reference and built to last.

Norton
Its all good I sent them an email they still have the drills gages they just sell them seperate now. Im happy with the books
I will tell you this, they have the best customer support that I've ever seen! I will be purchasing more books from them shortly.

Anybody looking for short nice book about Machinist information or intro to it this is good deal I suggest it to anybody!

Back