• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Machining An Bicycle Derailleur Wheel.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

stupoty

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Nice blue jockey wheels, what kind of plastic did you go for?

Stuart

cascao

Active User
It's nylon. My choice was due the color

mattthemuppet2

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
neat! what bearings did you use? Did you allow any float for the top bearing or do you use SRAM shifters?

cascao

Active User
The ones with black center is for Sram (X7) shifters. These use Sram bearings and that black spacers from broken original Sram wheels.
The one with chrome center is for Shimano (SLX) shifter. These use Shimano hardware from a worn out wheel.

What motivated me is it. Sram wheels broke before being wear out. And they are expensive!
:mad:

Bill Gruby

Iron
Former Member
I am not a bicycle person but I am a machining fan of all types of machining. Great video. Now my question? The milling head for the lathe, is it your design?

"Billy G"

Bill Gruby

Iron
Former Member
Good solid design. Too bad so many pictures are no longer there. You go some great work.

"Billy G":

[6]
[5] [7]