Machinist Jacks

Have you gotten around to this yet? LOL

No sir I have not, but that is outstanding! Very impressive David! This is exactly why I joined here. So many good people with great ideas, willing to share their knowledge with others. Love this forum.

-Mitch

-

Nice work - 4140 is the ideal choice here. You are really churning out some great items (spider, etc.). Now you need a wooden box for your machinist jacks. Like mine. :)
I'll agree with Dave's first 2 sentences.. but Boxes just eat up space. So I think avoid the boxes, but holders to prevent them from rolling around +1... so the insert in that box would be good. The box -1

I'll agree with Dave's first 2 sentences.. but Boxes just eat up space. So I think avoid the boxes, but holders to prevent them from rolling around +1... so the insert in that box would be good. The box -1
Just to be clear, I prefer insert caddys for a lot of tools like this, but when the grand estate sale comes around, my kids will get more revenue selling tools that come in a nice fitted wooden box. LOL

@davidpbest nice boxes for the stones Dave. That's where I think boxes make sense. Stones are easy to fracture and oily.. So boxes are good protection.

edit: and remember these are only my opinions, I'm not telling anyone that it's good or bad, just how I feel. And if that helps make a decision ok, if you disagree ok.

we all like different things.. except it appears we all like to work metal/plastic/wood/ and make things.

Back