Machinist's Jack

Technical Ted

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Nice job! The drawing makes it look like there is a separate 1/2" ball on the end of the jack screw because of the phantom line. Is this the case or did you turn a ball end on the end of the screw? If it's a separate ball, like a ball bearing, how did you attach it?

I assume you used a ball end mill to machine a socket into the top piece?

Thanks,
Ted

Cobra

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Nice job! The drawing makes it look like there is a separate 1/2" ball on the end of the jack screw because of the phantom line. Is this the case or did you turn a ball end on the end of the screw? If it's a separate ball, like a ball bearing, how did you attach it?

I assume you used a ball end mill to machine a socket into the top piece?

Thanks,
Ted
Thanks Ted.
Yes, the ball is a bearing that is silver soldered to the top. Used a 1/2 inch ball end mill to form the socket for the bearing and also to form the recess in the top for the screw.

Jim

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock