Machinist's tool chest

I have what I think is an old Union wooden tool box. I do like storing precision smaller tools in the wood boxes also. Wood just seems to hold back rust better than steel.
That said....these are tools I don’t use every day. For every day tools....they go in my 35 year old Snap on tool boxes. They don’t have ball bearings but the boxes have held up incredibly well. Heck, one went through 4’ of water in Katrina. Sprayed it down with WD 40.... and then 10:years later I finally got around to repainting the lower chest. It’s held up incredibly well with no real rust anywhere.

I'm looking for 1 key . Tearing boxes apart , drawers , buckets , containers , shoeboxes , pockets , cars , trucks , etc .

I have a 1937 Gerstner which is locked and the lid won't close . Cleaned the leather up and it looks too good to sell , well , not that good .
Gerstner sells keys. Just contact them with the lock number.

I bought two cheapo import Gerstner lookalikes from Kotula’s:

It didn’t cost too much money for a lot of storage. The lighter colored one on top left is from HF:

image.jpg

These are very cheap quality. The drawers are small, so they fill up quickly. I liked it because I could organize things nicely.

Last edited:
A while back, I bought a 2 blade set from Forrest,for making small finger joints on the table saw. About a year ago, I got interested in bicycles, and old sewing machines, so I recently bought a second set of wider blades for box joints, with the intention of making a couple of sewing machine bases for table top use. Who knows, maybe a few bigger boxes will come out of it. I already have a Gerstner, a couple of Kennedys and a JC Penny machinist chest.

Back