MADE IN USA OR MADE IN U.S.A.

It's still a could be answer for the poor quality of the drill breaking in the post broken drill bit.
His bit split and shattered when barely starting to drill a hole . I had no intentions of blaming the American dealers or buyers. We get stuck by there practises but it's our own fault. Me included cheap tools keep me doing the things I like . I'd dearly love a real nice Bridgeport and a monarch lathe. But I own very old American made and well used Taiwan and China , my SS don't offer me better.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for Asian machine tools I wouldn't have this hobby and I wouldn't belong to this forum.

Through my current employer, they are not allowed to state "Made in USA" due to many components are made overseas. They can say Assembled in USA similar to Apple saying Designed in California.

The automakers have a similar issue given all the globally sourced parts. May be fake news but I heard a Honda is actually more made in USA than Chevy. Besides if it was all made in USA none of us could buy it.
Bob K and Bob L both hit on it. The “enemy” if you will is us.
As providers of our services (labor) we demand top dollar.
As consumers we are cutthroat and demand and look to give bottom dollars.
Always looking for a deal to get the most value on both sides of the equation. This is normal, rational self-interest behavior.
Companies and shareholders are no different. They have no more or less moral obligation to look out for consumers or workers than the latter do to companies. They are trying to produce products people want at the lowest possible cost. Its what drives innovation and efficiency. And all our standard of living is raised. Access to goods at reasonable cost. Walmart etc.
The problem a large majority of American consumers are faced with more and more is the prospect of being unable to afford themselves. Attempts to artificially prop up wages, meddle in markets via tariffs, regulations and the end result is higher costs which we all pay as consumers. If theres a line of people 10 deep willing to do a job for less the existing wage is too high. Nobody deserves a given wage. The market decides. Consumers are the market. Sorry but them be the reality. Not my rules either - its just how economics and human nature work.

Back