Made my first ball peen hammer

Firstram

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Beautiful work!
The high quality handle makes a big difference.
The off shore stuff has soft wood with unknown steel. The head is loose after the first blow.
Making your own out of quality materials sets yours aside from most others.
Your finish work is very good.
My sentiments exactly, the head turned out great but, the handle sends it over the top!

brino

Confirmed Tool User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
What prompted me initially to do this is because I gifted my dad a "hammer" for Father's day. I gave him a big bar of steel and wood and told him we're going to machine it together. He's never had a chance to use machining equipment despite having a large interest in it. He's coming over this weekend and we're going to work on it.

So we'll likely make his soon and then we'll see about a big brother. (But I may end up making an even smaller one before that!)

As a father myself I can see very few better gifts.
Have fun, be safe.
He will be so proud!

Good on ya.
Brian

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock