Mag-MC-30 controller

hightwo

Registered
Registered
Hello, am new to this site, I need help wiring a MC-30 controller from a treadmill. I know very little about electric wiring, it has two wires from the motor black and white, two black wires from the transformer 3 from the 110 cord. Am planning to make a belt sander form my knife work. Have attached pictures so maybe someone can make sense out of it.

Thanks LouieIMG_0568.JPGIMG_0569.JPGIMG_0570.JPG

Hi Louie,
I assume you are asking where to hook up the wires? I cannot tell from the pictures, It would help to have a closeup of the terminals on the board. in the meantime, I'll see if I can find a schematic.

Also a closeup of the motor info, I can't read all of it from the current photo.

It looks similar to the KB brand controllers- there should be 2 terminals for ac in and two for the motor, plus the wires for the speed control pot
The transformer is actually a choke; it goes in series with the line or the motor, but you may not need it. Let's see an extreme closeup of the board
Mark

Last edited:
Here they are, the motor label is chrome and doesn't show up good but here is some info 1.25 HP 90 VDC, permeant magnet DC motor, rotation CW enclose-open, external fan

IMG_0573.JPG

IMG_0575.JPG

I found these for the MC60 couldn't find any specifically for the MC30, but they may be similar.

Attachments

• MC-60modcolletion.pdf
    852 KB · Views: 16
  • MC-60 Motor Controller.pdf
    397.1 KB · Views: 8
Louie: A+ and A- go to the motor, ac 1 and 2 are the power in. The choke is probably from a PWM unit and not needed on yours.
Green from the power cord goes to the motor case (ground) and the frame of the controller
Mark
ps I believe the MC60 is a different animal than the MC30 (PWM vs SCR)
pss you can reverse the motor direction by swapping the two motor leads if needed, power it down first

Last edited:
Judging from the schematic and the pictures, hook the AC line to AC1 & AC 2 hook the motor to A+ & A- Still cannot read all the info off the motor but it should tell you which lead is + positive and - negative, hook them accordingly to the board.

Also, be very carful working with DC it's more lethal than AC energize your test setup from a safe distance and be sure the motor is secure, they can jump off the bench when started at full speed...

I think AC is supposedly more lethal hence the "war of the currents" betw. Edison and Westinghouse
M
they used AC in the electric chair

Back