Mag-MC-30 controller

Perhaps you are right, but I have heard AC tends to throw you off contact (a scenario I have experienced too many times) and DC makes you stick to the circuit, hence more likely to fry your innards...

Good thing about mc 30 .its adjustable

Put one hand in your pocket when you work with an open board. Keeps current from crossing your chest.

Thanks for the help, once I realized the transformer was not needed I had no problems getting it going I assume that the transformer was used for the onboard 12 volt lights on the treadmill panel.
Thanks again.

it's not a transformer, it's a large choke. Should have one lead in and one out. You can wire it in series with one of the wires (doesn't matter which one) between the controller and the motor. It'll smooth the controller output and make the motor run a bit smoother. Not enough that you have to use it, but enough to make it worth including.

The PWM mosfet treadmill controllers usually need the choke since the output has lots of high frequency energy like a VFD, but for the older style SCR units they are less important; they may reduce the RF interference fed back into the power line and reduce the motor buzz slightly
Mark

You may need a housing around the motor , the magnets will suck every grinding bits to it . Not sure but a filter may help. But leave holes so the fan can cool the motor. Just my thoughts on a big belt grinder .

I think AC is supposedly more lethal hence the "war of the currents" betw. Edison and Westinghouse
M
they used AC in the electric chair

Neither is more lethal, it's all about voltage and current. Edison may have been a genius inventor but he was a nasty businessman. He invented the electric chair to smear Tesla and Westinghouse's much more efficient AC power distribution system by labeling AC as "death current" and using it for the electric chair, but he lost the fight in the end.

Tesla worked for Edison for a short time, but they didn't get along well

Back