mag scales ore glass

JT.

Active User
Registered
i was dooing some reseach on dro's
so i got on the DRO pros site .there the stated that mag scales are better and at half the price frome glass scales
then i was looking at there starting prices for dro kits and there the mag kits are more then 50% more expencive then the
glass kits
where am i getting :nuts:

I also researched the various DRO's on that site, but do not recall a claim that the magnetic scales were cheaper. The heads are smaller on the magnetic scales, and would be easier to fit to a machine, especially since they can also be cut to a custom length if necessary. Despite the fact that they are more expensive, I am planning on the magnetic type when I make my purchase due to the numerous advantages.

they where not talking glass scales but inductive ore ball scales

fron the site

Magnetic scale technology combines the best of optical and inductive technology. Just like inductive or "ball scales", magnetic scales are impervious to coolant or liquid, yet are slimmer, and cost half as much! They're easier to mount, more durable, and on par pricewise with optical scales. In summary, magnetic scales combine all the advantages of the other technologies, without retaining the negative qualities of being higher
priced, or difficult to install, that inductive or "ball scales" suffer from.

When I was looking for scales to go with my Shumatech DRO kit I found the magnetic scales from DRO Pros very interesting. I was all set to buy a set only to find out that they do not sell any of their scales separately. Just a heads up if anyone was thinking I getting anything less than their complete system ... scales and DRO head unit.

Arvid

Back