Magnetic Base Work Lights, Suggestions to What Works Best?

Thanks for the links.. you have given me food for thought!
I think one of the best lights for the money is this LED worklight from SnapOn. If I look into it I'm blinded for a minute. It's like an airplane headlight. ha! A freind picked this Sunlite one from Amazon. Basically the same as the SnapOn but a little cheaper. Don't know how the build quality is but the SnapOn is solid. I used some old piping to get the SnapOn up and over the lathe.

I saw the little sewing machine led light recomend here in a number of places, not sure who found that one but for the price it can't be beat. Right size, strong magnet, bright without over doing it. and the flex is reasonably stiff enought to stay put. I got two ( $9.50 free shipping on Amazon) and will be ordering another pair, one for an area at the back of my garage/shop and a spare. I do hope they hold up reasonably well. I did find on paint directly on the head of the mill the mag base would tend to move a little so I am trying scuffing up the paint with some fine sand paper and see if that helps. Thanks to who ever found these.

Back