• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Magnetic Diamond Wheel Seller Needed

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Uglydog

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Wondering if anyone knows of a source for a 5inch magnetic diamond wheel similar to what you see in the attached manual.
Mine is a KK Calamar. Now I got her working and she wobbles (on an eccentric) like she is supposed to!
This video is the same model as mine:
Accufinish has them for $197: http://accu-finish.com/product/5-inch-diamond-wheels
MSC for $188: https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/09011065
Do we know of any sellers of these wheels other than Glendo/Accufinish and MSC?
I'm trying to avoid MSC....

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Attachments

4GSR

Swarf
Former Member
I have a older GrindRLap that I paid a fortune for and was supposed to have a diamond wheel on it. Somebody took the diamond wheel off of it before it shipped. The pictures provided showed the diamond wheel on the grinder. Anyways, I was able to snag a couple of wheels on eBay for about $45 each. Thats been a few years back. Haven't looked lately. One of the wheels I bought was with a bunch of junk grinding wheels, had to buy the whole batch. The other one was grouped with three or four diamond wheels. I also wound up with a lapping wheel that has to be charged with diamond. I haven't tried it yet. All I can say is keep looking. Yeah, Accu-Finish is the only place that I know of that sells the wheels. Ken

toolman_ar

Active User
Daryl,
I just ordered two wheels from E.S. Dyjak Company, 3801 Stobart Road, Milford MI 48380

Same price as Accu Finish. But Ed offers excellent service and is a good guy.

I got the 600 and 1200 grit.

toolman_ar

Uglydog

Active User
Great information.
Thank you!!
I'll contact ES Dyjak.

Daryl
MN

[6]
[5] [7]