Magnetic Scale DRO Dilemma; DRO Pros, M-DRO or Ditron?

Hey all,

Many Thanks for all the responses, I have decided to go with the Easson from M-DRO. They gave me a custom package deal with 3 magnetic scales at the lengths I need, 1um resolution read heads, the ES-12B Easson readout and shipping to the states for just about a grand. Can't beat that.

I know DRO Pros has a good reputation and all, but at around a $900 price difference for essentially the same grade of readout, I just can't justify buying from them. Besides, If I were going to shell out that kind of dough, I'd get a Newall or Acu-Rite.

And the while the Ditron is probably a decent unit it isn't that much cheaper than the Easson. So for few bucks more I get what I am familiar with.

I'll post a thread on the mounting.

Did you use your 10% off code I posted?

Did you use your 10% off code I posted?

No, but thanks for posting the coupon. Since was a custom order, they just sent me an invoice with a link to pay via PayPal, there was no place to input discount codes. It was a good deal, cheaper than if I bought the parts individually form their site, so I'm happy.

The SRA pricing looks pretty good although the upgrades don't show on the site. Dave

I bought my additional magnetic scale from SRA, but their prices are quite a bit higher then UK-DRO. To get a complete 3 axis graphical display with magnetic scales for under 1K delivered is very good. The Easson 12 series has been a great display, I found it is much easier to read and also has a number of features and soft keys so can be used for different applications. I went with the EL700 on my mill because I wanted 4 axis and summation. The EL700 for the lathe has the option to calculate the X and Z of the compound based on angle of the compound and a few other features, but not really needed. It does work well on the mill and magnetic scales are easier and more forgiving with regard to installing.

Thanks, Mark. I found a Fagor pretty cheap but don't like the resolution on the X axis so I'm thinking of moving it to my Jig Borer and replacing with something else. Just the 8" cross slide scale for Fagor is $400 so the upcharge for the full replacement isn't bad. Dave

Hey guys- In looking at Machine-DRO website, it looks like all the products say preorder? Are they out of stock on everything or do I misunderstand what preorder means in the UK?
Robert

I don't know, they said everything ordered was in stock, the other day?

Back