Magnification

tweinke

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
What do you guys use for small part work to see better? Optivisor or the like or what? I wear glasses as it is but am to the point small work needs help.

I am 61, and have a section of pegboard dedicated to eyewear. 1.0 to 3.0 magnifiers, in every power in between.
I have not bought the optivisor, but I am gonna have to sooner or later.

I have changed out all 22 fluorescent bulbs in the shop to the brightest, lightest LED I could find.
That move in itself has pushed back the inevitable.....

I wonder how well the Optivisor would work for me, Binoculars are a problem due to having the eye issues I do have. worst case ill have to close one eye so I can see, lol

I use a hedband type when working on machinery and I need to examine something up close. I also use 2X and 2.5X safety glasses, not the bifocal. I do not recommend reading glasses and such as the lens are not polycarbonate and if hit will shatter. I never do anything in my shop, or that matter outside w/o safety glasses. Saved my eyes many times.

And I absolutely agree on good light!

I wear safety glasses all the time being I need them for work. Reading is fine but small work like seeing small electrical connectors or small screws and fine details is starting to be a pain. My eye doc said we could up my bifocals but then normal reading is uncomfortable. It doesn't help that my prescription is very expensive or i would just get two pairs of glasses.

I wonder how well the Optivisor would work for me, Binoculars are a problem due to having the eye issues I do have. worst case ill have to close one eye so I can see, lol
The Optivisor is worn over your glasses so it shouldn't be a problem if your glasses correct your eye issues.

Back