Magnification

I have the same Optivisor, but found it uncomfortable. So I decided to invest in custom tri-focal wrap-around Nike safety glasses with a 5x in the bottom lens segment. One of the best investments I've made for the shop.

This is the frame set I used:

screenshot_4927.jpg

And it didn't take long to get used to the Tri-focal lenses either.

screenshot_4926.jpg

For checking inserts, this is what I prefer - hands down. Nice large diameter lens:

Same here, Optivisors with the glass lenses. I never needed any magnification up until last year. I first bought a cheap $10 Optivisor knock off to see if I would like it. Now I own 3 Optivisors in different magnifications. One for shop work, one for electronics work, & one for really fine detail work.

I am wearing 2 X magnification glasses to see, so I have a 3 X led lit magnifier on wheels at every work bench, one for the mill and one for the lathe, it makes it so much better and no headband weight on my head/neck.
I just can't cope without them nowadays.
Yep an old fart hehe!

About ten years ago I bought a cheap Chinese Optivisor knockoff which has three different magnifications and built-in lights.
It works well but it's not made for daily or hard use. The headband is uncomfortable and the battery compartment is flimsy.
Looking for a deal on something similar but higher quality.

optivisors make you look like mr pete and mr pete is celebrity so now I need optivisors to stay up with the trend :laughing:

a little magnifying glass is what I use for inspecting inserts it works great

Ah let them have their fun for now, they'll have their day!

Wait, what am I talking about. Yeah, ya bunch of old farts! My birthday is this month & I'll still be in my early 40s. :big grin:
happy early birthday!:happy birthday: so you are saying I have at least 30+ years until I need optivisors and maybe more! until I get a darn chip in my eye again and look like this for the day.:wink:

I sometime wear two pairs of reading glasses(3.0) simultaneously for small work or a jeweler's loupe for real small work.
After that I get out my 10 power lens or a microscope. Of course it's always helpful to have good lighting.

Back