Magnification

When at your bench measure from eye to work.

At eye doctor request occupational glasses and give that measurement.

They place the reading card at that distance.

Now add as much power as you like to not only be clear but bigger too.

We have a pair for the clock bench for the clock work and another for the computer bench and one for general shop use, makes live much better.

All safety rated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What do you guys use for small part work to see better? Optivisor or the like or what? I wear glasses as it is but am to the point small work needs help.
I have an optivisor and use it. But I found that I need a variety of magnifiers. Each has a special purpose, from lining up punch marks on the mill table for drilling to digging out metal splinters from my hands.

I have an optivisor and use it. But I found that I need a variety of magnifiers. Each has a special purpose, from lining up punch marks on the mill table for drilling to digging out metal splinters from my hands.
I don’t keep my optivisor out in the shop as a I rarely need it. My only glasses are 1.5 readers. My next up are safety glasses that have 2.5 bifocals. I can’t use them very much as they mess me up. I’m careful to spend all my time outside the shop without my readers and concentrating on focusing on distance on my twice daily dog walks. I had read years ago about exercising my eyes like that so they wouldn’t get lazy. So far it’s worked good.

I use an Optivisor with 10X glass lenses about 50% of the time for my finer engraving work. For larger details I don't require magnification. The engraver's vision test is to read the names of the states off the Lincoln memorial on a crisp $5 bill without magnification. Hint: there is a double row of names above the columns. I can still read most of them for whatever that's worth.

Optivisor type magnifier with 1x lenses. I also have a swing arm type magnifier with a lamp for when I need more power.

I've used an Optivisor for many years, and still like it. Last year I bought one of these (with a built-in light).
It seems to work OK, but has a while bunch of fiddly adjustments. Most of the time I just use the Optivisor and an external light.

I use an Optivisor with 10X glass lenses about 50% of the time for my finer engraving work. For larger details I don't require magnification. The engraver's vision test is to read the names of the states off the Lincoln memorial on a crisp $5 bill without magnification. Hint: there is a double row of names above the columns. I can still read most of them for whatever that's worth.
You can read the states names without magnification? Wow.....finally happened to find a $5 bil. I’m impressed.

Yup, I'm older than dirt and had reached the point that I couldn't read the Vernier on micrometers. I had cataracts. Got lens implants. The kind that use your eye focus muscles to automatically adjust for distance. Best thing ever. No need for glasses. My $5 bill must be bad! I can't read the states, but I can read the "Treasurer of the United States." Does that count?

Back